Category

Misc.

Cost vs Benefit

How Much Do Hearing Aids Cost?

By | Misc.

How much does a hearing aid cost? How much does hearing aid cost?  The cost versus the benefit it will give you is always on everyones mind.  In addition, the cost range of hearing aids is as wide as the products available. Although, what will suit you depends on the extent of your hearing loss, the style you prefer, and the technology it features. Cost also varies depending on the brand and provider. Newer models rely on more advanced forms of technology for optimal hearing and such improvements come at a cost. As a consumer, you will need to decide…

Read More
Hearing Group Blog Image

Do You Have Hearing Loss?

By | Misc. | No Comments

Do you have hearing loss? These are a few everyday signs that can help you decide if you have hearing loss.  Review the questions below to see if you answer yes to a at least a few of these , if you do, its probably a good idea to have your hearing checked by a professional.  In the event you do indeed have hearing loss, no worries there is help! Consider: Do you struggle to hear conversations in loud noisy environments or restaurants? Do you have a hard time following conversation in a group of people? Are you asking people…

Read More
Workplace Hearing Loss

Hearing Loss In The Workplace

By | Misc.

The willingness to take action is the single most important ingredient for success. This is true in any career, in any business venture, and at any time in a person’s life. Addressing hearing loss on the job allows you to stay ahead of the game and helps you achieve success. In fact, the sooner you take action to address hearing loss, the sooner you’ll see that hearing loss treatment pays dividends on the job. If you suspect that you may have hearing loss, you’re not alone. Of the nearly 40 million people in the United States with hearing loss, the…

Read More
Get The Facts

Hearing Loss Facts

By | Misc.

Even mild forms of hearing loss can disrupt our lives, hurt our health and damage our social and psychological well-being. So why do estimated millions choose to delay or avoid a solution to hearing loss? Did you know? More than 360 million people worldwide live with hearing loss. 328 million are adults. Only 20% of people who could benefit from hearing aids actually seek help. Remaining 80% who could benefit simply aren’t getting access to hearing aids that could dramatically improve their quality of life. Unmanaged hearing loss can lead to depression, social isolation and the breakdown social networks, along…

Read More
Hearing Loss & Diabetes

Diabetes and Hearing Loss

By | Misc.

Chances are, a hearing exam isn’t on the healthcare check-list of a lot of people with diabetes. It should be.  People with diabetes are about twice as likely to develop hearing loss. That means it’s especially important for them to protect their hearing. What’s the Diabetes-Hearing Health Link? Hearing depends on small blood vessels and nerves in the inner ear. Researchers theorize that over time high blood glucose levels can damage these blood vessels and nerves, diminishing the ability to hear. Based on the findings of a meta-analysis conducted on the link between diabetes and hearing loss, Professor Hirohito Sone…

Read More
Tinnitus

Is it Tinnitus?

By | Misc.

What is Tinnitus? Tinnitus is commonly described as a ringing in the ears, but it also can sound like roaring, clicking, hissing, or buzzing. It may be soft or loud, high pitched or low pitched. You might hear it in either one or both ears. In the past year, experts estimate that 22.7 million adult Americans experienced tinnitus for more than three months, which is roughly 10 percent of the adult population of the United States. What causes Tinnitus? Tinnitus (pronounced tin-NY-tus or TIN-u-tus) is not a disease. It is a symptom that something is wrong in the auditory system,…

Read More
Hearing Loss & Dementia

Hearing Loss & Dementia Linked

By | Misc. | No Comments

Release Date: February 14, 2011 Seniors with hearing loss are significantly more likely to develop dementia over time than those who retain their hearing, a study by Johns Hopkins and National Institute on Aging researchers suggests. The findings, the researchers say, could lead to new ways to combat dementia, a condition that affects millions of people worldwide and carries heavy societal burdens. Although the reason for the link between the two conditions is unknown, the investigators suggest that a common pathology may underlie both or that the strain of decoding sounds over the years may overwhelm the brains of people…

Read More